Skip to main content

5 Things Must Have of a Marketing Student


Hello! I'm back with my new blog. This is for every business student, specifically a marketing student. I was a marketing student way back 3 months ago? Yes, I'm a fresh graduate and right now I miss schooling. So today I will share to you the five things must have of a Marketing student. This is based on my experience in my 4 years being a marketing student. Other things may be optional but rest assured everything that will be mention is the key to make your entire college life easier



When you're a marketing student you will encounter unending research, thesis, marketing plan, business plan, and feasibility. I can say that this is one of our fortes being marketing. Every course has a different level of difficulty. Other students from different courses always tell that marketing is the easiest course because according to them all we know is to look good. Well, part of it is yes because we're marketing people and most of the time, we are the face. We are the one building and creating relationships and in charge of maintaining a long-term relationship with the clients and partners. Being in a Marketing major, it is not really like what the others think, but there is something more we can show and give. If you're a Marketing student, then read this blog to know-how will make your college life easier and more convenient.




Here are the five things you must have:



1. A good quality camera. 

In my first and second year, we have this subject Principle of Advertising and Management. Here, you'll be needing a camera or any camera if it has good quality. Here, you will learn how to make a great commercial and best advertisement. You will learn all the basics regarding that subject. For the final project, you will be able to come up with a 30 seconds advertisement or commercials. But, this not always the case because their professor didn't require this project. You're fortunate if you've experienced this.



2. Laptop/PC. 

This is the thing that you MUST have when you're in a business course. Why? The reason for this is that, of course for you to come up with your advertisement or commercial you need to have a Laptop or PC to edit the videos and make it. You need a laptop to edit a poster, flyers, and any marketing collaterals. Aside from that when you're in a business course, one of your fortes is research. From your freshman until you graduated there is always a research-related like; marketing plan, business plan, campaign ads, thesis and feasibility. See? A laptop/Pc is so essential in studying. This is the real thing that will make your whole college life easier.



3. Calculator

Remember that in business courses there is always a subject that will use a calculator. You will have an accounting subject, the math of investment, business finance, Statistics and many more. Sometimes this is required by the professor. In accounting, you'll never do it right when you don't have a calculator. It will always take time for you to answer if you manually compute all the millions of numbers. Your life will just be miserable. So, better to have this because in research you will be also needing this. The calculator is life, and it will make your life at ease.


4. Another is a Planner.

Yes, A planner is a must. This is the other essential things you must have. This will help you plan and manage your time. You can write all your plans for the day, things to do, appointments, and anything activities you want to manage. This will be your reminders and you will maximize all the time you have, even if it's limited. That's why it's important to have a planner to monitor your day to day activities.



5. Last but not least, you must have a COFFEE

Yes, this will be in your body all throughout your college life. Coffee will be your survival in every sleepless night. Expect that most of the time you will have a sleepless night, and a day is inadequate for you to do everything. That's why you must have a coffee to stay awake all night and finish all those stuff.


Do you agree with me? If there's a thing that makes your life easier that I didn't mention, comment down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Care Product that Work for Oily and Sensitive Skin

Hello! So for today’s blog it’s about skin care product that works for oily and sensitive skin. These products really help me to got rid those unwanted pimples and until now I’m still using them. All products are very affordable and available to some drugstore and Watson. Disclaimer: All the products I used works to me, and it may not works to you because we have different skin types. It all started when I’m in high school. When my face had breakout it depressed me to the point that I don’t want to hang out with my friends and go to school, but I have no choice but to go to school. I started to lose my confidence and I’m in my senior year in college right now and still gaining my confidence. On May 2018, I started to search for some skin care products for sensitive and oily skin. Finally, I found the right product for my skin. I am very thankful for this product because finally I can be got rid of those unwanted pimples. Here’s the product I used: Safeguard Floral Pink wi

10 Things I learned in College

Few weeks from now I will be graduating and will be facing the real life. In my four years in college it wasn't easy for me because of being irregular student. Every semester I have 9 subjects to take to be able to graduate on time. If you're a regular student, you only have 7 subject to take. The pressure and academic requirement was double for me.  Thinking that in few weeks from now, all my parents effort and support emotionally, physically and financially will be paid off. Of course, my sleepless night, effort, pressure, stress, and anything I suffered in my college will be rewarded. Aside from the things I learned inside the four corner of the school, I also learned something valuable that has nothing to do with my grades. These things I learned is from my experiences. Here are the 10 things I learned in College: 1. How to be independent. This is the first thing I learned in college because I'm leaving in a dorm. I lived miles away from my family. I am t

HOW LIFE CHANGES AFTER COLLEGE

It’s been a year since I graduated from college and almost a year being employed. I remember when I was in college, I badly wanted to graduate and find work to enjoy life but as of this moment, all I want is to be back in college where I can joy my life as a student.  During college, the only thing that worried me was how can I pass every subject smoothly, how can I graduate on time, needing 8 hours of sleep, and to lessen the intake of caffeine. I sometimes worry about the financial situation but I have someone to rely on for that matter. As of this moment, I’m literally living independently. When I said independently, I’m no longer getting an allowance from my mom, I’m the one who pays for my accommodation and bills. Yup, you read it clearly, bills are one of the things that worries me. During college, even though I slept late because of doing some school work, waking up not so early is the one thing I missed when I was studying. It really doesn’t cost going to school because it'